Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

July 28, 2011

Nurturing Body & Spirit

Whilst contemplating such profound thoughts such as, I am not my brother’s keeper and varying permutations of I am the captain of my soul and the master of my destiny, with a little hum, as it were - one has to, in the meanwhile, nurture oneself. I have seized the peace of the day and brought out my pasta machine which has not seen the sunlight in years. This meant, of course, handmade ravioli. One hour later I had managed to produce a presentable ricotta-filled ravioli with an olive and tomato sauce which was delicious but not before muttering rabidly that surely one gets better at this and in Italia what exactly is the methodology? Suddenly, as if the fates were, in a rare moment, granting my every wish, I saw an Italian cook make ravioli on television with the identical machine I had. She just whipped the pasta through the machine but not before I picked up valuable tips with flour, tea towels, widths, and what not. Tutti a tavola a mangare! If the spirit is flagging there is always handmade ravioli. Maybe not quite ready for the next book but definitely uplifting, especially when shared.