Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

June 26, 2016

Ontario, Warmed By The East


 By Maryanna Gabriel


I board the deluxe train. 




Both of my daughters have really nice refrigerators. I know because I have just been to Toronto visiting amid all of the previously mentioned singing. After admiring her appliances and enjoying the St. Lawrence antique market, I boarded a train to visit a friend I have known since I was five years old. The train was deluxe and I enjoyed watching Lake Ontario go by as we headed eastward into rural Ontario. There is something about connecting with one's past when so much time has gone by that is quite precious. 



Ruby, turns three.*



Ontario is a place where I spent part of my childhood and memories assailed me as  my friend and I made the rounds of her beautiful home and acreage chatting companionably about our mutual histories accompanied by her astonishing dog, Ruby, who along with her pretty face is characterized by being quite voluminous. It was delightful. As my friend was showing me the barn and horse, the horse began to snort anxiously and reverse with ears back. We followed the horses gaze and as we looked into the forest trying to understand, a handsome Mr. Fox dashed out of the trees in tearing fashion heading madly towards us. We stood watching mesmerized from the paddock. When almost upon us the fox veered, his white-tipped tail twitching cheekily, as he sailed and bobbed away into the tall grasses. Now that is a sight we islanders never see. I am home now and as I look into my refrigerator wondering at what point the word antique may be applied, my heart is warmed by the east. 







*Photos credit mm..