Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

January 13, 2017

Introducing Bigfoot

By Maryanna Gabriel 

In love....
I had fallen in love. This time it was with a camper. I was enamoured with the idea of being able to go anywhere and prepare my own meals and sleep in comfort. The first time I saw the thing I was dumbstruck. My daughter was with me and impatient with my circling around it in spellbound fashion in a town far to the north. Writing down the phone number I reluctantly left and drove her to where she needed to be. I could not stop thinking about the thing. Finally, I just yielded to the idea of phoning about it, if only to calm myself. A very nice man answered the phone and invited me to come and view it. It was about a five hour drive away but that seemed perfectly reasonable to me. 

The moment I looked inside I was a goner. It was just a thing of beauty and perfection 
Entranced and charmed....
made in oak with brass finishing and done in wedge-wood blue with rose curtains by a comfortable bed. All was thoughtfully detailed. I was entranced and charmed. It was like it was made for me. The man who had designed this particular Bigfoot used to design boats and the model I was looking at was legendary. I did not know that at the time. All I knew was that I wanted it. Small detail. I lacked a truck. No worries. Someone was selling one just around the corner. So I bought the rig. I put everything on my charge card. That seemed to resolve a tremendous amount for me and when I later walked into the bank they were all laughing at my story. Well of course that amount of money needed a more tenable negotiation. This is the beginning of a very expensive story.