Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

February 22, 2019

Melt Down

By Maryanna Gabriel 


Whomp! The snow hitting the roof wakes me out of my sleep. We are in thaw melt down. Today I dragged the deer to a place that I felt was good and no, did not do it properly, rather the-scoop-through-the-snow-technique with an enthusiastic dig into the leaves, then a cover with more leaves and a topping with rotting pine needles for now. It is the pile technique. I will mound earth onto it when the snow is gone and it will also function as a visual barrier between the house and the woods below. There was talk of building a walk there which fortunately seems to have been shelved but I am on the defensive in case the future goes that way. You know how we humans are about untouched nature. Got to put signs up about how the forest is aging along with gravel paths for safety not to mention doggie bags. I said a bit of a prayer for the poor thing and thought about her family and honestly it stank to high heaven. I then came up to the house and washed everything, including the gloves. Now I feel better.