Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

October 9, 2021

Getting Published - I Believe

 By Maryanna Gabriel


I have been researching publishers and making inquiries about whether or not they would be interested in my book about the Camino. Such endeavors can be arduous so it was with some surprise I recently had three publishing houses look at my book proposal. To my even greater surprise, I heard back from two. The latest response arrived a couple of days ago and was complimentary. "You write beautifully." Gosh, awfully nice to hear. My book was not what they were looking for but it was encouraging to be given the compliment. 

One has to keep trying and putting one's best foot forward. If no publisher expresses an interest, I will self publish. There has been positive feedback from my beta readers which has also been encouraging. At this point there is so much vested with three years put into it, it makes my head spin. I believe. 

Maybe if I sprinkle tinker bell dust around my writing table.