Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

March 26, 2022

Love's Galettes

 By Maryanna Gabriel


I wake up, check and see if Zelensky is okay, breathe a sight of relief, and get on with my day.

Today I heeded the recommendation of a friend and checked out a local master baker, "Love's Galettes", doing a pop-up at a nearby barn at Bullock Lake Farm on Salt Spring Island. It seemed pricey and I am a particular sort of cook so I hesitated.

Then I read the artistic description..."Say what? Plum blossom infused cremeux? Caramel almonds? Roasted strawberry?" What a sweet talker.

My first impression was that for ten dollars the cake should be at least three layers high. Or wider. There were a trail of us lining up and making off with our treasures. 

Oh my. The Blueberry Lemon White Chocolate Cream Puffs are amazing. So flavourful. The best I have ever had and that includes several trips to Paris as a basis for comparison. 10/10. No regrets.