Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

December 16, 2022

North Pole Business with Spagliato

 By Maryanna Gabriel

What a treat. My daughter bought me a truly beautiful dinner at an exclusive restaurant in Calgary. I practiced all day. I wanted to try a new cocktail. Spagliato, I learned, means sparkling in Italian. The waitress was right on it. 

Have been watching women my age on TikTok, doing jumps out of planes and zip-lining perilous canyons, while they say Negroni Spagliato with Prosecco. Looked like a lot of fun and I wanted to join in on the fray.

I have come to a conclusion. Unless the bartender was off, the drink I prefer is a Negroni with gin. Not that I get a lot of chances to be picky about cocktails. 

The blessing of such a visit was precious time with my grandsons, and well... this has led to North Pole Business. North Pole Business is the very best kind, as far as I am concerned. 

I will take mine sparkling. Merry Christmast to all. xo