Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

September 24, 2024

Most Auspicious

 By Maryanna Gabriel


"And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow.
And evening full of linnet's wings."
                                                                                    - W.B. Yeats


Soon I will be reunited with my possessions and be able to play house once again. I so miss having plants and a garden. A home. How wondrous. 

There is no sense of the ordinary around this change. One morning, I arrived early for an appointment on the property. I was privy to an exceptional sight. A shy white deer grazed quietly next to the garden. A friend sent me the following:

"In many cultures, encountering a white deer is believed to bring luck, purity, and spiritual growth. It may signify that you are on the right path or that positive changes are on the horizon. Some interpret it as a sign of protection or divine intervention, urging you to trust in higher powers."

A most auspicious sign.