By Maryanna Gabriel
Once, not so very long ago, at least it does not feel like it, before rampant inflation, long line-ups at European customs, a fuel crisis, volcanoes, fires, to say nothing of war, I was fortunate enough to tour Provence. Part of that tour was a wine tasting. I don't remember it very well. I do remember admiring the surrounding stone work. I believe I tasted a grand cru, but I'm not entirely sure. It was a hot day. My guess is, a lot was going on, making it hard to focus.
| Grand cru. |
Gosh did we have fun. We had so much fun we are doing it again. So my palate got educated, in addition to the stimulation of sharing our writing woes. And joys. One has to fasten special times such as these as a bolster to the heart. A protection against the swiftly changing tides of fortune.
Tonight I put my go-to box of wine into the grand cru bottle thinking the residual fumes from the glass might seep in and transform the concoction to a vineyard elixer. I think it might be working... raising my glass to kind and generous friends.