Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

September 21, 2026

X Rated

 By Maryanna Gabriel 


Maybe because of all the fence shenanigans, I found myself in the city on an x-ray table. The technician asked for my name. Three times. After the third time I said helpfully,"Like the angel." He looked at me strangely. "What is that?"

 I lightened the odd response by making a joke. "What... are you working for the other side?"

He ignored this and repeated the question. My first thought was that he was pulling my leg. Then I realized by his expression this wasn't so - not a glint of humour twinkled. I knew he had to be intelligent to be doing his job so that was not the problem. Somewhat flabbergasted I remained silent. Again, he asked. 

"A being with wings," I said finally. Well that did it. He looked at me as though I had just said something extremely peculiar. Incomprehenisible. As though he and I were a culture, a continent, a world apart. Inwardly, I groaned as the writing I am working on came to mind. So many would have no comprehension.

The rest of the examination was conducted in silence. Thank goodness.