Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

May 2, 2015

Owen's Grandmother And The Little Black Box

By Maryanna Gabriel 

"Making art is the only way to ran away without leaving home."
Twyla Tharp

Making my home and garden my own personal paradise is a great consolation for not being able to travel.  I love to create beauty and make my home a cosy place to be. That, and making art. I have been busy. I have just sent a new book off to the printers, always a nerve wracking process. This is the second worst part for these are the final adjustments now. The first worst part is the formatting for there is a lot of tetching and inching of things. The initial idea is always the easiest and once started the ideas seems to expand and flow easily. This book was inspired by my grandson. It is a combination of my love for him, and for my dog, along with my love of travel. There is a theme. Can Owen help his grandmother? It is called "Owen's Grandmother And The Little Black Box." At this point though, I generally lose objectivity about my drawings and I need to step away from the screen. It is a beautiful day today after a series of false promises from the weather man and I am going to head out and walk by the ocean along the north shore. Islanders are late risers and I usually have these early morning seaside ambles to myself.  

Owen's Grandmother