Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

April 16, 2021

Foaming

 By Maryanna Gabriel

I have been stuck in the back bedroom for days with what I thought would be a one day task. Or so I thought. It is now day five. I have been installing long overdue trim that has led to a myriad of complications. The vent where the mice are getting in for one. What a shock.  


With determination I sprayed a rodent foam blocker as a barricade and managed to get it all over the place, the rug, my shirt, my prescription glasses. The stuff is noxious and impossible to get out. I had to throw the shirt away and spend a long time picking the foam out of my prescription glasses wondering if I had shortened my life span by working with the stuff. 

Worth it? Yes, heck yes. No mice is good news. However, the world news seems to worsen. It is important to keep on with keeping on, to look after things, meaning where I live and myself, and to not fall into a slump with it all.

I have not seen my family for a year and half. It is not looking good for the summer as increased travel restrictions are being discussed.