Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

August 29, 2021

Caring

 By Maryanna Gabriel 

"Blessed be those who have loved you
Into becoming who you were meant to be" 
-John O'Donahue



I am not sure why, but I think birthday cake helps with accidents. Falling off the ladder was not that great - quite rough actually, but I am starting to feel better. As it was my birthday, I had to make the most of a compromised situation.

There have been many surprises. Some really caring responses for one. It is blowing me away. I had no idea. I also have been given a lot of chocolate which is always a good thing. There have been visits to the house too, which has totally surprised me. And little gifts. And my friend Martha sent the most beautiful birthday present. It is a handmade sewing kit accompanied by a celebratory tile. It is a celebration on account of me reaching the end of the manuscript.

A friend visited yesterday. She said the fall was a message. I think she is right. I have been writing about trauma and like the famous author, Maya Angelou, I relive the experiences when I am writing so that I can get it all down, although I am still not sure what hurling myself off a ladder is supposed to signify. No point in committing hari kari just when I am getting somewhere.

The considerations shown in so many ways are the absolute best, and the icing on the cake.