Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

August 10, 2021

August

 By Maryanna Gabriel


"Some people don't understand that sitting in your own house,
 in peace, eating snacks, and minding your own business is priceless."
- warrior_goddess_training 


Beans In My Garden

Where does everybody go in August anyways? It's so quiet. There is something so marked about my birth month, the ripening of corn, the deepening of shadows, the buzzing of insects, the smell of ripening black berries, dry grass, the cooler nights. The light changes slightly - more golden. The runner beans are madly growing in the garden and there seems to be a new zucchini every time I look. 

Have I ever spent an entire summer at home? I don't think so. Lots of adventures have been quietly tucked away in my mental archives so I am totally okay. The inflated prices, the forest fires, oh, and that weirdo pandemic thing, I can forget for a time. Not that I have actually been vacationing in my backyard. But the good news is I have come to the end of my book. It is a huge weight off. There are still about a billion more things to do on it but I am telling myself I can enjoy the moment. It's August.