Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

December 9, 2021

Solstice Lemon Honey Cake

 By Maryanna Gabriel 


"Et lux in tenebris lucet - 
the light shineth in the darkness."
-Victor Frankl

The darkness is a cocoon I enfold myself into as we approach solstice. This is such a delicious, moist cake that I thought I would share it with you. It helps....  adapted from a recipe I found on the internet. If you have a flavourful honey it really makes it good. 



Solstice Lemon Cake 

Whisk wet ingredients until smooth:
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. olive oil (good quality and yes this much)
1/2 c. sugar
1/c. honey (this really makes it)
1 1/4 c. milk or buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla
zest and juice of two lemons

In another bowl mix dry ingredients:
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Add to wet ingredients and place in a 9"greased spring form pan. Sprinkle with sugar (this is important). Bake 350/50 minutes and shake a bit of icing sugar onto the top.