Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

August 9, 2019

Stealth

By Maryanna Gabriel


 

   "Who could have done such a thing?" I stared, appalled.

     I had just been admiring some wild flowers that were blooming spectacularly in front of the property. I was so moved 
I photographed them in fact. I came into the house
Spectacular Blooms In Front
for a short time and then went back out. Slain. An act of senseless brutality. Someone had cut them down. A black plastic whorl lay beside them as if the culprit, in a hurry to escape the scene of the crime, dropped it. I chewed my lip and wished the loss of the missing piece rendered his or her weapon of mass destruction useless. I picked up the seeds and spread them noting that the roots had been dug out. Nervously glancing up and down the street I wondered at the quiet and speed of the crime. I had heard nothing.

      Does it make any sense? No. Not at all. Sometimes just minding my own business in my peaceful shangri-la trying to avoid the invading hoards isn't enough. There are a lot of people on the island right now.