Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

August 11, 2019

The Case Of The Return Of The Black Honda

By Maryanna Gabriel

     Maybe it was an eco-evangelist. We have quite of few of those. These well meaning individuals viciously flag invasive species with red markers in public parks to the point where one wonders who and what the real problem is when one is just trying to enjoy a stroll. Or the broom. My. People massacre the poor things with their lovely coconut scent feeling quite justified. I have had one turn black on the driveway and at the time I suspected it was poisoned. That was years ago.

     These summer days I am to bed with the dark and up with the light. Once again I was out and about and lo, at 5:30 a.m. the black Honda returned. The steady tick tick of the diesel engine was unmistakable. I listened as it turned into a different driveway this time. It went half way up and halted. By now I knew the modus operandi. It would be several minutes before it returned. What was she doing, I wondered. Maybe she was massacring my neighbour's shrubberies. I paused to quickly change clothing into something dark so that I could be camouflaged. Again the stealthy tick tick as the Honda backed out and returned to the road. I stood in a grove of cedars and watched. The Honda very slowly drove by the house clearly checking out my property. My heart thudded.This situation is clearly flabbergasting.