Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

February 6, 2020

Twenty Thousand Words

By Maryanna Gabriel



"You are never too old
to set a new goal
or dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis



I passed a huge goal post today. I am writing  about the Camino and they say the half way

mark of the first draft is the toughest. Well, I made it over the other side and I hope that I can keep the momentum up.

I am picking up a second Fiction course next week and that is really going to slow me but maybe it will help with progress in the long run. Published authors sometimes say to read other writers at the same time one is writing but I find this too confusing. I am worried it will throw me off my game and I will start writing like someone else and not like myself. Lots of time for reading later. I need to do what feels right for me.

It is keeping the inner voice in my head clear that is the trick.