Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

March 17, 2020

For The Love Of Touch


By Maryanna Gabriel


     They have cancelled the Saturday Market which is huge blow to the Salt Spring Island economy. As I watch the local grocer's being pillaged and a box of tissue does not seem to be available, I have been noticing what a loss it is to not touch, or be touched.

     Sometimes there is a weighing of risk with an affectionate shoulder bump but as our lives may be depending on it, we are in a boot camp of new social norms. It has all happened so quickly.

     We are social creatures so it is a strange way to be living. 
It will make hugs more appreciated when the new day dawns and we get through this.

      Oh no. Did I just touch my face?


© All Rights Reserved. Unless otherwise indicated, all blog content copyright Maryanna Gabriel.