Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

March 28, 2020

Trying To Be Normal

By Maryanna Gabriel

     There are times when one can almost forget. I love those moments. Then it starts to come back like a bad dream, much like grief. The unbelievable numbers that come pouring in are momentarily forgotten.

     Yesterday I decided that after twenty minutes of news, that was enough. I made a really beautiful pudding cake and I love it so much I am sharing it here. It has a
soft comforting texture and is good with yogurt or ice cream. The lemon is delicious. I decided to raid the garden and added a mixture of rhubarb and mango. Wow. Was that ever a good idea. 

Lemon Pudding Cake 

1 c flour
3/4 sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Rhubarb showing encouragingly in my garden.
1/4 tsp soda
2 eggs
1/4 c yogurt
3 tbsp light olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla
nutmeg
1 c fruit (optional) finely chopped

Two bowls, one for dry ingredients, one for wet. Add the wet ingredients to the dry much like you are making muffins. Bake in a casserole dish, 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden. 







© All Rights Reserved. Unless otherwise indicated, all blog content copyright Maryanna Gabriel.