Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

January 28, 2022

Fog

 By Maryanna Gabriel

Endurance. This week it is fog. It curls around the house and makes me feel like staying in bed, and after days of it, saps the spirit. Yesterday, I bravely went into it and crossed the great water to get some supplies. The little ferry's horn went off every few minutes. It was worth it. When I made it to the wool shop, the sun shone. It was so warm I wanted to take my sweater off and seeing the blue sky was so heart-warming! As I returned to the ferry the embankment of gray once again surrounded the landscape. The little shop was selling a drink called "Crofton Fog", so I had one. It was a delicious - Earl Gray flavoured with lavender.  Sadly, although I was half an hour early, there were so many cars that it would be another two and a half hours before I could fit onto the ferry and return home in the dark. It's all a question of endurance. This morning I can hear the horns again. I think I will make cookies. A bit of cheer.