Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

September 16, 2022

Aqua Cotta Donuts

 By Maryanna Gabriel



I am all in a tizzy. With all of the choices of wonderful bakeries, parks, oceanside walks, and eateries, my head is spinning. Not far from the log cabin where I am staying is an intriguing place called Aqua Cotta. I mosied down for what seemed like an interesting choice, Italian donuts and any coffee for $9. I was given an unexpected surprise. It came with a creamy, salty-sweet caramel butter which surely had no calories. Oh well - you only live once! The latte had a shot of vanilla. I think my heart rate zoomed up dangerously after I was through. 

I wanted to explore Francis-King Park, named after Scout masters or something (I forgot my glasses) and was refreshed by a forest bath of Garry Oak and Arbutus trees as I walked off the sugar. Saanich is a very special part of Vancouver Island and I look forward to exploring more of it.