Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

February 3, 2023

Jigsawing Joy; A Vision Realized

 By Maryanna Gabriel 


Inflation. We are all noticing.

I have been focused on curtains for my new place, and wood doweling, which I like to use for curtain rods, is now over $4/square foot at Home Depot. Shocked, I decided to invest in a jigsaw. I wanted to make the wooden bracts myself. For some reason, wood bracts are difficult to find, are expensive, and come from faraway.

Making Curtain Rod Holders

Branching out. 

The first jigsaw went to my old address. That took me awhile to figure out. I hope she enjoys it as the store could not do anything about it. The second jigsaw has been a quick study, and after I researched blades and got myself sorted on how to insert the one that "scrolled" I was in business. My heart swelled with pride at the sight. I was so excited I decided to branch out and make a toilet paper holder.

The doweling and bracts are placed. 

After weeks of lengthy debate, once again cost and availability dictated my choice but I am happy with the curtains. I chose a very light cotton white, but with faint lines throughout giving them a linen-like appearance. They are the Silverlonn from Ikea and they are giving the rooms the feeling I was striving for, with privacy yet taking advantage of the light.



The funny thing is that when I first clapped eyes on the room this was how I envisaged it, and here we are. A vision realized. 


Et voila.