Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

February 11, 2023

Not Really Out Of The Closet

 By Maryanna Gabriel


Unboxing mystifying recording equipment.  
Well, it is time. Ready or not, I negotiated with my publisher, wanting to record my book myself. My own voice. Intonations. Interpretation. Seemed like the only way to to go.

Holy cow. It's time. It has been quite a sort trying to figure it all out.

My new hangout is my bedroom closet. Sweaters and dressing gown are the room padding as I try and work out sound, my voice, when does a person breathe for crying out loud, and is one supposed to? It is a bit of a puzzle.

While most people are out eating lobster tails and sipping champagne and whatnot, this Valentine's weekend, I seem to be hanging around a coat rack, all stealth with key stroke noises, and trying to ennunciate peter piper picked a peck of... 
Still in the closet. 


The truth is, I wouldn't have it any other way. Off now to cook an Ottolenghi Test Kitchen recipe and put my feet up. God help me when it comes to engineering. "Measure between -23dB and -18dB RMS..." Oh sure. Happy Valentine's.