Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

February 4, 2023

You Can't Take It With You

By Maryanna Gabriel 


Downsizing. Feng shui. Minimalism. Whatever you want to call it. 

A move can be discombobulating and a huge sort through one's possessions. Recently, I took the pile of beautiful things I had gathered to a consignment store. The carefully packed boxes were loaded with memories. 

I was surprised that my heart felt heavy the next morning. It was a sense of loss, no matter these things would be better with owners who could use and appreciate them. 

I have been going over my book, Walking The Camino; On Earth As It Is,

in preparation for the next round of edits coming from the publisher. I was reading how I was packing and trying to understand what best to take on my Camino journey. Somehow, these words from Chapter 13 gave me comfort this morning. 

"My past was not who I was. Nor were my possessions. I wanted to travel lightly. The walk was a symbol of what I was striving for inwardly."

I may be home now, but the wisdom gleaned from the experience rides me still. The Camino continues...