Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

December 24, 2023

No Same Old For This Muchacha

 By Maryanna Gabriel


This is an excerpt from a piece of writing I did years ago
when backpacking in Europe before university. 

"My dream is of a special place.
A funky wood house, small and windowy, books, 
shelves, a fireplace, music, copper, leather, water colours, clay, a loom,
three cats and a dog or two... a garden, paintings of my own, hay, trees,
friendly and unfriendly, daisies, chives, geraniums, river, lake, or ocean -
I'm not fussy, a clear day, a rainy day, a fountain pen, ferns, moss,
the 
smell of cedar. Bare and uncluttered like my life will be.
I want all of this when I am ready." 

It has been quite a journey and I am more surprised than anyone for I am moving to the mountains, a new direction after much confusion. It is an experiment. No same-old for this muchacha. When the universe says yes!
Happiest of times to all for the new year... xo