Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

February 28, 2024

Dreaming Of Plum Blossoms

 By Maryanna Gabriel

Eight inches last night... in like a lion. I know this is Canadian and all, but I am not very good with this cold. Sometimes I pretend I am an Inuit, or that I live in the high steppes of Tibet, and this subzero thing feels absolutely right.

Who am I kidding? Am headed for some hotsprings soon and I hope this is all gone by then. I have a reservation. Will tell you all about it. In the meantime, thank goodness for yellow tulips. 

Being snowbound, I have found this lovely poem which I thought I would share. It is cheering me up this morning as I dream of snowdrops and plum blossoms. 

"Quiet is peace.
Tranquility.
Quiet is turning down the volume on life. 
Silence is pushing off the button. Shutting
it down. All of it.
                - Khaled Hosseini