Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

July 18, 2014

A Day Off In Saint-Andre-Avellin

By Maryanna Gabriel

Virgin Mary In The River

I love it here. I really do. I feel at home in Quebec, probably because there is so much character in such an enchanting and interesting way. I am continuously delighted. It just feels comfortable. I find when I speak I have to elongate and draw out my vowels in order to be understood.

Right now I am camped on a very Wind In The Willows river. The washrooms and picnic tables are the most beautiful blue. Lexie stares at the water as if expecting a raft of chipmunks to sail by. I walked through the town, Saint-Andre-Avellin, and I pass by a statue of the Virgin Mary poised dramatically in the middle of the Riviere-Petite-Nation and I enjoying some beautiful French architecture as I stroll.

A funny thing happened. By the side of a parking lot, I found a poem by L.M. Montgomery blowing around called "A Day Off". Isn't that the funniest and most peculiar coincidence? What are the odds? I include an excerpt....




“… for a golden time forget,
Task and worry, toil and fret,
Let us take a day to dream..."

French Architecture For Sale $349,000