Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

November 14, 2021

Embracing Cosy

 "All shall be well, and shall be well,
and all manner of things shall be well."
-Julian of Norwich


By Maryanna Gabriel


After two and half months, I have come to the end of an edit. All forty four chapters, a huge
accomplishment. For some reason words seem to jump out of place when I am not looking. So it is a big pause for me right now and a happy one, especially given all my assignments are starting to come back with the best possible marks. The end of the tunnel is in sight for my Master's degree in creative writing. 

Pain Aux Raisins

It is a day to dress like a duck. Or week rather. Instead of "wind warning", or "snow warning", the weather says "rain warning". Rather than feeling glum, I am embracing cosy. This means making a huge attempt to get out of my fuzzy dressing down and turning on all the little Christmas lights. I have two strings alone in the living room, a cheerful way to light up the gray.

Then there is catching up with old friends with a call which has been nice this morning. And making pain aux raisons. But mostly, I am looking forward to writing my international Christmas cards. 

All is well. When in doubt, bake.