Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

November 16, 2021

The Great Flood of 2021

Ditch work being done at midnight outside my house. 
 By Maryanna Gabriel 




Serves me right for quoting Julian of Norwich in my last post. 

The great flood. Well, things were really rocking and a'rolling here. After I went to bed, I could hear chainsaws and clunking noises, then engines revving. At about midnight I gave up and traipsed out to the street in my dressing gown to see what was the matter.

What was the matter was my neighbour had engaged a cat and they were madly ditching, while a river of water from the intense downpour coursed down our road. 

Salt Spring Island is a bit of a mess and so is my yard, but I am slowly cottoning onto how widespread the flooding has been in some places. I am very sorry that the folks in Merritt in the interior of British Columbia had to evacuated, and that people were trapped on the Trans Canada Highway.