Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

February 16, 2022

Abigail's Boutique Hotel

 By Maryanna Gabriel

"Sometimes we are surprised by the steal and turn of beauty..."
- David Whyte


Did I want breakfast in bed? You bet I did. 

I was crossing off another entry on my bucket list. Abigail's is in the heart of downtown Victoria and is a heritage building in the Tudor Revival style, with latticed casement windows, dormers and tall chimneys. I stayed there on Valentine's Day. It was fabulous. The building was originally commissioned in 1930, created as the very latest in luxury suites, with dens and fireplaces. Fortunately for a lover of history such as myself, the unique architecture has been preserved. 

I slept like a lamb, and I am sorry I forgot to photograph the breakfast. It was superb. Thank you myself for such a wonderful time. Who says Valentine's alone can't be fun?