Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

February 3, 2022

Word Painting

 By Maryanna Gabriel


I have awakened with a feeling of closure. The book I am writing has been gone through sentence by sentence and has the sense of being a cohesive whole. I ask myself, have I told the story well, and can I live with it? It's my story. How could I alter anything?

What I am experiencing is one of a job well done, like the feeling of a painting where one is trying to get it just right and it is framed, and hung, and I walk around it and say, oh, I have caught the light here in just the way I wanted to, and look how harmoniously one side blends with the other, and I stand back, pleased with the result. I don't know what others might think, but this is my creation and I am a very fussy creator. But I am so happy with it. And feeling so good about it. 

I know now I can put the dedication back to where I had it in the first place when I set out on this book journey years ago.