Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

February 13, 2022

When Just Words Won't Do

 By Maryanna Gabriel 

It all started when the red dye on the cover of my journal rubbed off and I had to clean the couch. The next thing I knew, I was madly tearing up paper in a rather artistic way. 


Gee, I get to cut, and glue, and play with scissors. I love it. Sometimes a busy brain needs to rest and doing creative journaling is doing the job. So far I have invested in wavy scissors, stickers and washi tape. Washi tape? I know - I'd only heard of it vaguely too and now I am gonzoed on the stuff. As if this investment was not enough, I hanker for more. Punches. Stamps. Ribbons. There is no end in sight.

I want to play! Maybe this is what happens after 73,000 carefully curated words.