Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

January 18, 2024

Prudent To Rent Pt. 7

 By Maryanna Gabriel

"What you see and what you hear depends
 a great deal on 
where you are standing.
It also depends on 
what sort of person you are."
- CS Lewis The Magicians Nephew


I know I'm a boomer and possibly spoiled by an era where such issues were easily manifested, but basic shelter? It doesn't seem too much to ask. Apparently I have this wrong. 

If I was Generation Z, or X, or whatever else, I would know, but I'm not, and I don't. Clearly, I'm out of touch with the skinny on the streets. So being me, I would resort to... well, I would resort to - not exactly magical thinking, but a technique I used long ago for accessing the unconscious. If I prayed enough, what I was about to do might even access the superconscious. Given that I was completely stymied, heck, I would take anything conscious. 

Basically, Holotropic Therapy is breathing with music. It was developed by Stanislav Grof who is considered the "Father of Breathwork". I knew it would bypass my busy brain and access new solutions. By using natural means it might give me a jump on meditation which so far, was not getting me anywhere. I needed a break through. Where do I sign?

I made the trip to Victoria one more time. With a roomful of people and working alongside a trained practitioner who had a doctorate in psychology, maybe I would look at my questions in a new way.